Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Darren Doo Dares to Do


"Darren Doo,
Why do you
Dare to do?"

Cow gotta moo.
Dove gotta coo.
Spook gotta boo.
I gotta do.

Darren Doo's 
Derring-do
Dares to do
That which you
Refuse to do.

I welcome you
To Darren Doo's
Doing School.
It's not cool
Not to do.
Use this tool,
You will rule
Over fools who
Stare and drool
At those who
Dare to do.

Derring-do 
Dares to do
Things that you
Fear to do.

For if you
Fail to do
You will lose --
Yes it's true.

Losin' Lou,
Darren Doo --
Of the two
Which are you?

Me and you
Have a few
From which to
Pick and choose:
Much ado
And to-do
Or just do
What the few 
Dare to do?

Feelin' blue?
Here's a clue:
Think of new
Dares to do.
Derring-do
Rescues you.

Those who move
They do prove
How to groove
And improve.

Tell me who
Hoots woo-hoo?
Yells yahoo?
I'll tell you:
It's the few
With derring-do.
It's they who
Dare to do
Like Darren Doo
Who woo-hoo
And yahoo too.

I Darren Doo
Dreamed I flew
Up and through
Skies so blue
Above the queues
Cars and crews
By derring-do,
Daring to do.
And who knew?
From a view
It turned true.


© Matt Decker

2 comments:

A Message From The President

 My fellow Americans, the hour is dark. Hence I stand before you  with a heavy heart. Something is coming. Something man has never seen. An ...