Thursday, June 20, 2019

Some Summer Salt


Come on in, 
The water's just fine!
Tell me friend --
Ever hear that line?
Truth be told
It's not always so --
Sometimes that blue gold
Can be some kinda cold.

But

You know it shows
No bold try
When those clothes
Are nice and dry.

Please do excuse me, Miss --
I wish to dish you this:
None become soaked 
On the boat --
That's a fact
And all she wrote.

Have you heard the word, Sir?
The poolside is reserved
For guys who haven't tried
Or conjured nerve and verve.

Dave can rave and make waves
Or sedately behave
And if Joyce makes the choice
She'll noisily rejoice.

Chet will fret with regret
For he has yet to get:
"Him" can't swim beyond the brim
Unless willing to get wet.

Shallow end just a shadowing --
Toe-dipper or deeper-leaper?
One's a blooper
One's a keeper --
Begin, my friend, to dive right in.

© Matt Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Message From The President

 My fellow Americans, the hour is dark. Hence I stand before you  with a heavy heart. Something is coming. Something man has never seen. An ...