Friday, March 1, 2024

A-EYE is Watching



Is this it?
Am I about to die?

I missed the chance
To say goodbye.

I can't decide
To scream or cry.

My palms are moist
And my mouth is dry.

My lids feel heavy
Blocking my sight.

Every joint aches
My muscles are tight.

Everything in me
Wants to fight.

But resistance isn't an option
Neither is flight.

I can't move.
My body's paralyzed.

How did I get here?
Where am I?

And what is this table
On which I lie?

Why is this happening?
Why, O God, why?

I can't get up
No matter how hard I try.

What pain in my side!
Nothing about this is right!

Strangely enough
My left leg feels electrified.

I feel it moving up
Up to my thigh.

At last my lids
Open I manage to pry.

In fly rays
Of an unearthly light.

To my surprise
My raging mind begins to quiet.

I cannot sense
Anyone by my side.

But before I can
With relief sigh

Something unbelievable descends
As if from the sky.

Coming into view
Invading my sight

Is a giant, artificial eye
Like a scene from sci-fi.

Remotely controlled
Featuring tech that is high

Hypnotic and robotic
Clearly programmed with A.I.

Inches away from my flesh
Rapidly rotating clockwise

Attached to a mechanical arm
Pulsing flashes of light.

Up and down my body it does glide
Not touching but positioned nigh.

If I somehow live forever
Never having to die

I will always remember this night
With the otherworldly Eye.

©️ Matt Decker 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Message From The President

 My fellow Americans, the hour is dark. Hence I stand before you  with a heavy heart. Something is coming. Something man has never seen. An ...