Friday, August 7, 2026

Window into Hell


 Leave me 
to my devices
my lies and
my disguises.

Cast me not forth
from the legions
of regions
and religions 
upon errant earth.

Withdraw Thy light
of hope
lest they rise
fight
and cope.

Let them fail
to perceive 
the hell
that needn't be.

May he become mired
who aspires
higher.

Am I allowed 
to clothe her
with that black
shroud
that the glow
of her soul
she finds not out?

Might I soothe them
with some amusement 
until they wake
and refuse the
illusion?

May they abstain 
from change
that my work
may remain.

Let not the offender
stop to look inward.

I pray the descending
trend
secret sins and
false friends
the empty wins
of men
may endure unto
the end.

Amen.

©️ matt decker 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Window into Hell

 Leave me  to my devices my lies and my disguises. Cast me not forth from the legions of regions and religions  upon errant earth. Withdraw ...