Tuesday, July 31, 2018

The Hopeless Cure



In the dark I sit
Wanting to quit.
Light? Not a bit.

Depressed I am
Oppressed and bound
Stress all around.

How long must I suffer?
How long can I smother?
Where are the others?

Then upon the hurtin'
A beam slips through the curtain --
From doubt become I certain.

My pain is changed.
The fear disappears.

No more bleak.
No more weak.

Sorrow is diminished.
Maybe I'm not finished.
Tomorrow is replenished.

Rays of hope enter me.
A surge of positive energy
Rises up within me.

Rather than the ending
Perhaps a new beginning?
A glimmer, a hinting.

What is this light
Urging me to fight?

It's a hopeful thought
My spirit has wrought.

This cure for my desperation?
(H)ealing (O)f (P)ositive (E)xpectation


© Matt Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Message From The President

 My fellow Americans, the hour is dark. Hence I stand before you  with a heavy heart. Something is coming. Something man has never seen. An ...