Monday, December 31, 2018

Let's Begin, Shall We?


How can I win
If I don't begin?

To start is the spark

The step is my help

It's smart to start

It's art to start

What's missin' from wishin'?
The start-spark of ignition --
It must become my mission

The rockets that slice through our skies
They had to be launched --
That's how they rise

I am a rocket --
"Are all systems go?"
That's how I'll rock it
Straight to my goal

Momentum will carry me

Inertia will bury me

It might be a dud
I could crash with a thud

But what if it's a bud...

The start of something fresh
The blooming of real progress?

Feet in place can never win the race

It makes no sense to never commence

The goal is what I'm wanting
The journey can be daunting

But it's only at the beginning
Where I initiate the winning.

🟢

(Adapted from my poem SPARKNESS)

© Matt Decker

HAPPY NEW START!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Message From The President

 My fellow Americans, the hour is dark. Hence I stand before you  with a heavy heart. Something is coming. Something man has never seen. An ...