Monday, March 16, 2020

Point in Time


Overwhelming darkness
What can spark this?
I feel like a carcass.

Damp and cramped
I'd give anything
For a ramp
Or even a lamp.

Cold and numb
Will I succumb
Or somehow overcome?

Disgraced in the PiT
This place
What is it?

Rapt by this moment
Wrapped in this moment
Strapped to this moment
Trapped in this moment
I can't adapt to this moment.

But this hole
Time hath wrought
Cannot hold
My soul
Or his thought.

Fettered I gaze
Ahead.
A better day
Ahead.

My limp is temp'
Pain is not the end
This pain will end.

So I climb
By my mind
From the PiT
This (P)oint (i)n (T)ime.

© Matt Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Message From The President

 My fellow Americans, the hour is dark. Hence I stand before you  with a heavy heart. Something is coming. Something man has never seen. An ...