Thursday, December 16, 2021

Light It Up

On this moonlit night
Emit I my light.
When it’s hard to think
I can always blink.

Streets lit and littered 
With streaks of glitter. 
But that neon
Won’t be on
For eons
(No doubt).
This little light of mine 
The only shine
That won’t flicker
Out.

Down here in the deep
Others struggle to see.
Competitors 
And predators 
Hover over.
So into the black
I react
With color.

Through today’s horror 
And tomorrow’s sorrow
Looms the quiet roar of
A luminous aurora 
And aura.

In my heart
This I know:
It takes the dark
To behold my glow.

©️ Matt Decker 


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Message From The President

 My fellow Americans, the hour is dark. Hence I stand before you  with a heavy heart. Something is coming. Something man has never seen. An ...