Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Uplifted


What's this 
lifting my heels?
Can this
be at all real?

I feel so light
and I feel
as if I'm 
filled with light.

Gently I begin
to ascend
then
transcend 
earth bounds
of men.

How did this
begin
and when
will it 
end?

I am nigh 
to the sky.
Is this
what it's like
to die?

Suspended 
I'm above 
all the stuff
my descended 
self
once loved.

Higher somehow 
I've climbed
to the clouds
of a lifted
and shifted
paradigm.

Always
have I believed 
no way
could this ever be.
Now floating 
I'm knowing --
miracles are 
possible 
and magic is
inexhaustible.

©️ matt decker 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Message From The President

 My fellow Americans, the hour is dark. Hence I stand before you  with a heavy heart. Something is coming. Something man has never seen. An ...