Friday, October 11, 2019

The Warrior's Choice


DEFEAT

Disaster brews,
Battle ensues,
Battered and bruise.
Did this I choose?

I feel dread --
I see red,
A sea of red,
Eyes of red
Want me dead.

Hellish wind on my skin,
A portend of my end?

Scarred face marred by years,
Complexion flexin' with fear.

Cracked lips smack crimson dirt,
Parched tongue tastes scorched earth.

Boot of brute on my back,
Shield and hilt I lack.

THE FEAT

Lightning bolt,
Blackened skies.
Light of hope
Back in my eyes.

Do wings damaged
Manage to fly?
Still 
A warrior will
Try.

Facts are facts,
Acts are acts.
The Act attacks the fact.

A feat 
Hatched.
The V
Snatched.
Defeat
No match.

Up from defeat,
Up on my feet
Via The Feat.

Sweet.

© Matt Decker


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Message From The President

 My fellow Americans, the hour is dark. Hence I stand before you  with a heavy heart. Something is coming. Something man has never seen. An ...