Saturday, October 5, 2019

What's So Funny?


(A playful commentary on our social media obsession)

A global bane
On the brain.

Social eyes,
Social lies.
So shall I
Socialize?

Behold the
Emoji!
Selfie-centered
Postpourri.

Real deal filtered
Out of kilter.

Bakery of fakery,
Factory of wackery.

Pants on fire,
Rants of ire.

Shade all day,
The tirade parade.

Posts that boast,
Beefs that roast.

Swipes and clicks,
Tribes and cliques.

Reams of memes, 
Friends and fiends.
Ever spelled meme
Without "me, me"?
Seems a theme.

Spirals 
Go viral
And
Tend
To trend.

Linked and synched,
We all stink.

© Matt Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Message From The President

 My fellow Americans, the hour is dark. Hence I stand before you  with a heavy heart. Something is coming. Something man has never seen. An ...