Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Norm's Normal


Meet a character named Norm
Who's a caricature of the norm.

Always in his uniform
All his ways are uniform.

The worst thing in all Creation?
A nonstandard deviation.

Every step and move
Fits strict into a groove.

By all means toe the line!
So goes Norm's conformed mind.

This reality of normality
Courtesy of the mentality.

But

When Norm transforms
The uniform norm
Then Norm learns 
To be transformed.

"Monotony? Not for me!
Variety seems right to me.
Variety's the light for me.
Variety puts light in me --
A spice that's nice
On the rice of my life."

Conformity to uniformity:
Insanity of humanity.
The lameness and hilarity
Of sameness and similarity.

Formality of legality
O' rigged reality!
The bore needs more
Originality.

To vary can be scary
But to vary is very
Needful and necessary.

© Matt Decker

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Message From The President

 My fellow Americans, the hour is dark. Hence I stand before you  with a heavy heart. Something is coming. Something man has never seen. An ...